Annual report on corporate governance
* Information from 2012 is available on its Spanish version.
Board of directors
Name or position Representative Category Position First appointment date Last appointment date Election procedure MR. ANTONIO OBIETA VILALLONGA -- External CHAIRMAN 01/09/2016 20/06/2017 CO-OPTION CARAFAL INVESTMENT, S.L. MR. MANUEL MORENO TARAZONA Nominee Director DIRECTOR 19/07/2007 20/06/2017 GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT MRS. ANA MUÑOZ BERAZA -- Independent DIRECTOR 30/06/2008 13/06/2013 GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT MR. PEDRO ESNAOLA LATASA -- Independent DIRECTOR 02/12/2015 30/06/2016 CO-OPTION MR. PEDRO SANTISTEBAN PADRÓ -- Independent DIRECTOR 31/10/2012 13/06/2013 GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT MRS. CARMEN MARÍA ALLO PÉREZ -- Independent DIRECTOR 02/12/2015 30/06/2016 CO-OPTION MR. IGNACIO LOPEZ BALCELLS -- -- DIRECTOR SECRETARY 13/06/2013 20/06/2017 GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT
Board members profile
Mr. Antonio Obieta Vilallonga (Chairman)
• Graduated in Law at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, and he is Master in Finance and Business Administration at Deusto University. He has developed his professional career in both national and multinational companies of food and beverage sector. Since 2013 until today, Antonio Obieta is CEO at Green Seed Group, an international group of experts dedicated to advising companies in the industry of food and drinks.
• In 2007 he founded the company Proelza and International Wine Link, set up by a broad group of professionals specialized in the food industry and drinks, dedicated to provide strategic advice to companies in this sector.
• Between 2003 and 2006, Antonio Obieta held the position of Executive Chairman for Spain and Portugal at the international group Schweppes and Orangina Group (Cadbury Schweppes), where he developed also other positions (CEO Cadbury Schweppes Bebidas de España, General Manager at Schweppes Group, SA, among others) since he joined the Group on 1989.
Carafal Investment, S.L.U. (representative: Mr. Manuel Moreno Tarazona)
• Degree in Economics from the University of Valencia and an MBA from the Instituto de Empresa.
• He started his career at Arthur Andersen and at the Luxemburgen Krediet Bank.
• From 2001 to 2010 he presided the Natra Group, composed by several national and international companies operating in different sectors.
• In 2011-2012 he presided the Natraceutical Group.
• Since 2012 he is dedicated to the management of his Family Group.
Mrs. Ana Muñoz Beraza (Independent Director)
• Degree in Economics from the University of Zurich and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
• She has spent his career in various financial institutions, such as Compagnie Noga (Geneva), Roymar Corp. (Zurich) and Merrill Lynch (Geneva, London and Zurich).
• In Merrill Lynch she was Head of Institutional Sales and Director, Member of the Executive Management Committee.
• She held the position of CEO at Libertas 7 until July 2007, since when she has held the positions of Director at Ediva, Libertas 7 Nordkapp and MegaMCapital, a venture capital fund of which is she is a founding partner.
Mr. Pedro Esnaola Latasa (Independent Director)
• Degree in Economics and an MBA from the University of Deusto.
• He has developed his professional career in the areas of marketing and commercial.
• He is currently President of Quimatryx and Board Member of Oncomatryx, two companies of the Biotech sector, as well as Senior Advisor in Arthur D. Little consultancy.
• On the other hand, he is President of the Gipuzkoa Chamber of Commerce and Honorary Consul of Slovenia.
Mr. Pedro Santisteban Padró (Independent Director)
• Degree in Law from the University of Deusto.
• Masters in Business Administration.
• More than thirty-five years of experience in general management areas, as well as legal management and human resources, in multinational businesses in mass consumer products (hardware, perfumery and cosmetics) and soft drinks sectors.
Mrs. Carmen Allo Pérez (Independent Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee)
• Degree in Exact Sciences from the University of Zaragoza and an MBA from the Instituto de Empresa.
• She has developed his professional career in Corporate and Investment Banking, both in national and foreign entities, combining it with teaching activities.
• From 2006 to April 2015, she held the position of Senior Relationship Manager at Rabobank specialized in the food sector, having previously held the position of Corporate Bank Head for Spain and Portugal at the Royal Bank of Scotland, where she mainly held the relationship with companies of IBEX-35, and Account Director at Banco Hispano, specialized in the Automotive Sector.
• She is currently an Associate Professor at the University of the Instituto de Empresa.
• Likewise, she is an Independent Director and member of the Commission of Appointments and Remuneration of Constructions and Auxiliary of Railroads (CAF).
Mr. Ignacio López-Balcells Romero (External Director)
• Degree in Law from the Central University of Barcelona, Diploma in English Commercial and Tax Law and in International Contracting from the City of London Polytechnic and Diploma in Financial and Tax Law from the Center for Tax and Financial Studies.
• Founding partner and director of the law firm Buigas. His specialization is legal management in complex transactions, mergers and acquisitions, alliances and partnerships, planning and execution of IPOs, financial restructuring, and reorganization of business groups.
• He is a legal advisor to several national and international companies, both private and listed companies, which he regularly advises through strategic decision making based on his knowledge in legal and tax advice as well as his extensive business experience.
• Likewise, he is a member of the board of directors of several companies belonging to the most diverse sectors of the economy, and holds the position of secretary of the board of directors of a large number of companies.
The board committees are currently composed of the following members:
AUDIT COMMITTEE - Chairman: Mrs Carmen Allo Pérez - Member: Mrs. Ana Muñoz Beraza - Member: Carafal Investment, S.L.U., represented by Mr. Manuel Moreno Tarazona APPOINTMENTS AND REMUNERATIONS COMMITTEE - Chairman: Mr. Antonio Obieta - Chairman: MR. Pedro Santisteban Padró - Member: Mrs. Ana Muñoz Beraza STRATEGY AND INVESTMENT COMMITTEE - Chairman: Carafal Investment, S.L.U., represented by Mr. Manuel Moreno Tarazona - Member: Mr. Antonio Obieta - Member: Mr. Pedro Esnaola Latasa
Board of directors regulation
Shareholders' meeting regulation
Internal code of conduct
Code of ethics
There are currently no concerted actions involving shares in Natra.